Saturday, 3 January 2009

I promised a book recommendation - DOCTOR WHO: The Writer's Tale


Off and rambling and I didn't post a book recommendation as promised - so here it is. (And yes, I know, yet more Doctor Who)
I think I'll rate my recommendations out of five stars.


DOCTOR WHO: The Writer's Tale
Five stars. *****

This is a must-read for fans of Doctor Who and any aspiring script writer.
Using e-mails between Russell T Davies and Benjamin Cook, and original script drafts, it explores the creative processes behind creating this successful series.

For any writer interested in how-to-write dialogue I'd recommend this book as an invaluable read.


5 comments:

SarwatC said...

Hmm, and I thought my Christian Bale obsession was bad. Are the BBC paying you for all this blatant promotion? Will definately check out the Russell T Davies book.
Very cool blog by the way and thanks for putting up Devil's Kiss. I owe you.
Sarwat

SarwatC said...

And I thought I was obsessed. Hope the BBC are paying you well for all of this blatant promotion!
Very cool site and thanks for adding Devil's Kiss. I owe you.
Sarwat

SarwatC said...

Excellent site Tracy!
Hmm, I hope the BBC are paying you well for all of this blatant promotion. Glad to know I'm not the only obsessive.
Thanks for adding Devil's Kiss, I owe you.
Sarwat

Tracy said...

Me obsessed - never!!!!!!! If all else fails we could set up Obsessives Online and wait for the men in white coats to drag us away screaming.

Jon M said...

Will check it out. I was toying with the idea of asking Father Christmas for it but the dialogue comment has swung it for me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

The Bookseller

Loading...