Saturday, 3 January 2009

I wait with bated breath...

Okay, let's get the Doctor Who stuff out of the way. Today they announce who will take over from David Tennant as The Doctor.

Since it's re-emergence onto our screens it has gone from strength to strength. I thought Christopher Eccleston was great, my heart sank when they announced David Tennant would be the next incarnation but he won me over - big time.
Yes, I am a fan and I make no apologies for it. In this day and age, for a TV programme to achieve what this one has done is no mean feat. Young and old, male and female - Doctor Who is watched and loved by millions. Russell T Davies and his writing team have produced some wonderful episodes - poignant, moving, exciting and deep.
I'm excited by Steven Moffatt taking over, I think he wrote some fantastic episodes but it must retain the cohesive whole that the David Tennant series' have had; a charismatic Doctor we like and care for, great companions and brilliant stories.
David Tennant will be sorely missed - I hope they make a good choice.

And I really hope that all the rumours are wrong and it won't be a woman. Now that would be wrong - VERY WRONG. The feisty, brave, strong, female companions are wonderful in their own right.

And so we wait...



The new Doctor is...
Matt Smith.
An interesting choice...

1 comment:

Jon M said...

Looks interesting! Not a typical'pretty boy' type (which could have been a death knell) so it should be good.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

The Bookseller

Loading...