Tuesday, 13 January 2009

Ooh - it's like Christmas all over again!

I'm still fighting with my new computer but slowly, ever so slowly, it is succumbing to my need to be in control. I haven't resorted to beating it into submission, just yet, but it has come close.

So, I thought I'd tell you all about the wonders, delights and generally fantastic things that will be coming your way over the next few weeks.


The promise of summer drawing ever so slightly closer is good because it's been toooooo cold. (Perhaps I'm thinking just a tad too far ahead. We'll get back to that one.)







Writing related stuff.
Over the coming weeks I shall be posting Q & A's with three new children's/ YA authors.
All three of them achieved their first agents and first deals in 2008.
With publication looming large on the horizon I thought it would be interesting for all aspiring authors and readers of children's books to hear a bit about them and their books. I shall post under the heading of - Interview With An Author - so please keep checking in.
Also included, an agent's comments on why she chose to represent them and their books.

Having personal experience of online critique sites I thought I might comment on the pleasures and pitfalls of such dabblings.










I might throw in a Doctor Who comment at some time just so I don't suffer withdrawal while it's off our screens.


More personal recommendations on books I've enjoyed. Feel free to agree or disagree.
Also feel free to recommend - I love a good recommendation, hence being happy to be an invited Beta tester for bookarmy, a site run by HarperCollins.
Here's their blurb: We love books and wanted to create an easy but reliable way for everyone to decide what to read next - based on real people's recommendations. Our aim is to create a site where all of the world's books and authors are cleverly interconnected - where you can see what your favourite authors are reading and where you and your friends, family or classmates can read books together.


2 comments:

Jon M said...

Sounds like a lot to look forward to! Summer is getting closer...it'll be light by March and Febs a short month! (ever the optimist!)

Tracy said...

We must think such a way when it comes to summer.
Great to have you as a follower, Jon. :)
Hopefully I'll be putting you on these pages soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

The Bookseller

Loading...