Tuesday, 8 September 2009

AND THE WINNERS ARE...


A message from Alexander Gordon Smith.

FURNACE



Thanks for all the brilliant entries! Reading about your worst nightmares was a nightmare in itself – I don’t think I’ve ever encountered so many terrifying ordeals in one place before. It reads like a collection of horrific short stories. Less cheese before bedtime, I think! It was incredibly tough trying to pick three winners, but after much deliberation I have chosen the following nightmares, which scared me the most:

Hannia: This is absolutely terrifying! I have lucid dreams too, which is great sometimes as you can control your dreams, but other times it’s even worse because you know you’re having a nightmare but you’re still petrified. Everybody has had dreams of being chased, but meeting a twisted version of yourself like this is unthinkably nightmarish. And a brilliantly written account!

Donna: Wow, reading about your nightmare gave me goosebumps! That inexplicable feeling of dread you get sometimes in dreams is so weird. One of the dreams I remember most vividly when I was a kid involved me going out with my mum, but feeling that same sense of dread – that things weren’t as they seemed, and that she wasn’t really my mum but something evil. And when she turned to look at me she had horse’s teeth. So creepy! This is spine-chilling stuff – and I hope you never reach the far bank in your dream!

Anonymous: I think the dream about being forced, at gunpoint, to eat your three-year-old son’s ear is one of the most disturbing things I have ever heard! And the fact he had the body of a man but the face of a child just makes it even more horrific.


And I’ve got a bonus prize for Christopher for saying that his worst nightmare would be to lose this competition – I couldn’t be responsible for making his worst nightmare come true!


Congratulations to the winners! And thanks to everybody who entered, they were all excellent descriptions of worst nightmares and worthy of winning. I just wish I had more books to give away! I hope you manage to have a nightmare-free night tonight!



THE INVENTORS





Anna (Mary Weasley)

Laurie

Natasha



CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL SEVEN WINNERS

PLEASE COULD ALL SEVEN WINNERS LEAVE THEIR FULL NAMES AND ADDRESSES IN THE COMMENTS BOX.

THIS INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT PRIVATE AND NOT PUBLISHED ON THE BLOG BUT WILL BE PASSED ON TO THE AUTHOR ALEXANDER GORDON SMITH.

YOUR PRIZES WILL BE POSTED TO YOU ASAP.



3 comments:

Tracy said...

Thanks Hannia and Christopher.
I'll forward your addresses to AGS.

Tracy said...

Thanks Natasha :)

Tracy said...

Thanks Donna :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

The Bookseller

Loading...