Sunday, 11 October 2009

A few things to mention...

First of all, I'd like to congratulate the twelve winners of the second SCBWI British Isles Undiscovered Writers 2010 Anthology competition.

Undiscovered Voices is an anthology of excerpts from unpublished children’s fiction from the members of SCBWI British Isles. The winners were selected by editors and agents, and the printed anthology will be sent out in February 2010 to children’s book agents and editors in the hopes of getting the authors discovered.

Congratulations also go to the seventeen writers given Honorary Mentions.

You can read more about SCBWI BI's Undiscovered Voices by visiting the website


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


And how wonderful is this...
Recently I found out about a nine year old boy who'd started his own blog reviewing books he'd read. I had to become a follower because this is what writing for kids is all about, engaging with your reader and them wanting to talk about what they've read.


The blog is called THE BOOKS I READ and the young blogger says about himself -
I'm a 9-year-old boy living in London. This blog is about the books I read and what I think of them.
Please go and check it out and leave him a comment.

THE BOOKS I READ
at http://www.bookthunker.blogspot.com/


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Things to look forward to on tall tales & short stories


To celebrate reaching over 10,000 hits on the blog I've invited some writers to divulge some of their writing knowledge and experience in a series of Writing Masterclasses. I shall be posting these in the near future so please do keep checking in.


There are more interviews to look forward to including debut author Keren David who has written a fantastic book called When I was Joe. I had the great pleasure of being given an ARC copy to read and recommend it highly. More about Keren and the book very soon.


An interview with one of the winners of the inaugural SCBWI Undiscovered Voices competition, Steve Hartley, who talks about his book series for younger readers, Danny Baker Record Breaker. These are very funny and have been longlisted for the 2010 Waterstones Children’s Book Prize.


A competition
to win a signed copy of The Pain Merchants by Janice Hardy will be up and running very soon. In the meantime you can read an interview with Janice on this blog, right here


So I hope you'll agree there's plenty to look forward to and many thanks for reading my blog.
Tracy xx

2 comments:

Dulcie said...

Tracy you spoil us! Your blog just comes up with treat after treat. You must work so hard!

Good luck for the next year of super blogging. I can't wait to read it for another year

SarwatC said...

Hiya Tracy!
Congrats to the new winners of UV 2010. I can't wait to read their works and follow their new careers.
Exciting times ahead, methinks.
Sarwat

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

The Bookseller

Loading...