Saturday, 2 January 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - ONE YEAR OLD

A New Year and I've been so busy organising interviews and giving my blog a jazzy new look I almost missed it's birthday.  So, although I'm one day late I would like to celebrate my blog being exactly one year and one day old today.



When I first started this blog I wasn't sure what I'd write about but I soon realised that I wanted to inspire myself and, in doing so, hopefully inspire others.  So I decided to focus mainly on debut and new children's and YA authors.  People like me, ordinary writers who had a dream of being published and who had found success and achieved publication.  I wanted to hear their stories of how they found their agents, their publishers, what they did to achieve their dreams.  I wanted to hear about their books and introduce not only myself but others to these new writers.  I wanted to hear why their agents chose to represent them, what made them stand out from other submissions.  I wanted to learn, be inspired, feel encouraged - I wanted to believe that if it was possible for them it was possible for other aspiring writers such as myself to achieve their dreams.

One thing my interviews have shown is that there is no right way to achieve that agent or deal.  Some are rejected time and time again until finally that idea, that book, that one agent or publisher sees the potential and dreams are fulfilled.  Some are accepted almost straight away.  All the writers have different backgrounds, different experiences, different interests, their diversity has brought a cornucopia of ideas, characters and settings to this blog that barely touches the surface of that wonderful, diverse area of books written for children and YA.  There's so much more out there to find; to read; to enjoy; to be frustrated by; annoyed by; to be moved to tears by; to laugh; to ponder; to close the book and be glad that you found and read this story and discovered the characters that inhabit the world within.

I hope you have found this blog helpful, informative, that it has given pause for thought, and helped inspire and encourage.

I'd like to thank all my interviewees who have made this blog what it is and I hope that all its readers and visitors have enjoyed my posts. 
Tracy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


And on a separate note, Doctor Who has been mentioned a few times on this blog as I am a huge fan.  Last night I watched the final episode with David Tennant as The Doctor.  I've loved his tenure as the tenth Doctor and he will be sorely missed.
Farewell David Tennant.  You were brilliant!
Allons-y!!

7 comments:

Absolute Vanilla (and Atyllah) said...

Happy Blogday to you and your blog, Tracy! I've never yet managed to remember my blogs' birthdays - and I've been going for three and a half years (I think...)
Keep going and keep up the great blogging job that you do! xx

MC Rogerson said...

Happy Blog Birthday!

I love your blog - totally inspirational. It makes it all seem possible.

Happy New Year and all the best for 2010.

Tracy said...

Thank you Nicky. x

Thank you MC, I'm so glad it's helped inspire you. I wish you all the best for 2010.
Tracy x

Clare said...

Belated Happy Blog Birthday, Tracy.

I have followed your blog for some time and find it realy inspiring and encouraging.

It has also directed me to purchase books I might otherwise never have noticed - much to my daughter's delight (she thinks I buy them for HER! :) )

Hope you have many more blog birthdays and success with your own written work.

Clare x

Tracy said...

Thank you for your lovely comment Clare. xx

Stephanie Campisi said...

Congrats on your blogversary. I've really enjoyed reading the interviews posted on here.

Tracy said...

Thank you, Stephanie. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

The Bookseller

Loading...