Monday, 19 December 2011

I'd like to introduce you to, Karen...

I haven't been able to squeeze in everything I'd hoped to before the Christmas and New Year break but I do have time to introduce you to fellow writer and SCBWI-er, Karen - the new member of what can now officially be called the tall tales & short stories team.

She's already organised some brilliant posts for 2012, so there's plenty to look forward to.

So ladies and gentlemen,
*drum roll, please*
It gives me great pleasure to welcome Karen to the blog.

Take it away, Karen...

Hi, I'm Karen and I'm thrilled to be a part of tall tales & short stories blog.

I've been writing on and off since the age of 11 when I first discovered the power of stories, thanks to Roald Dahl and his masterpiece, Witches.

It wasn't until my late 20s that I decided to take my hobby that one step further and try my hand at becoming a published 'author'.  Of course, I'm still on that journey, but it's a journey that is full of twists and turns and gripping beginning...

I write fantasy realism for ages 11 and over; my latest, A Tale of Magic, Mischief & Mayhem gained an Honorary Mention in the Undiscovered Voices 2010 Competition.

My short story, Who's afraid of The Nightmare Monster was shortlisted for The Academy of Children's Writers Competition 2010.

I can't wait to start sharing information, and talking books and writing, here on tall tales & short stories. So, I'll see you all in the New Year!

I'm really looking forward to it!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

The Bookseller