Tuesday, 14 February 2012

SHANA NIEBURG-SUSCHITZKY: One of the Six Illustrators Chosen for SCBWI-BI's Undiscovered Voices Anthology 2012

* Congratulations, Shana, on achieving a coveted place in Undiscovered Voices 2012! and welcome to tall tales & short stories.
The floor is yours, please tell us all about yourself, your journey as an artist/illustrator and anything else you'd like to add.

My career path has been varied. I studied Architecture initially, followed by Film and TV Set Design, which led me to work in the Film and TV world.
I then pursued my heart’s desire into the world of Children’s books.


I have learnt a colossal amount along my journey to this point and I couldn’t be the teller of tales or illustrator that I am now without that background.

I have always found inspiration from observing and drawing life around me, resulting in gems that often fuel my vision.

*  Could you tell our readers all about the story behind your chosen entry, and most importantly why they are going to love your work!


My entry, “Isolya”, echoes my interpretation of the description “Undiscovered Voices”, which is one of aspiration and perseverance. It portrays a period of hope where you can grow and produce better and brighter ideas to throw out to the world.

I use a combination of traditional techniques, such as painting and print-making, which I then put together in photoshop.

I like to write stories that are succinct and meaningful, often about self-fulfillment and overcoming fears. I enjoy creating work for both picture books and older children’s illustrations. Regarding the work for older children, I have a particular passion for the fantasy genre and I gravitate towards strong female characters.

My film making background has shaped me enormously as a storyteller.However, it has also given me a love of collaboration and I relish the opportunity to collaborate on projects with other writers and publishing teams.



...WIN a copy of Undiscovered Voices, by Working Partners & SCWBI-BI.
Your chance to read all the selected excerpts, see the fabulous illustrations
and read what the judges had to say!


It’s easy to enter -- Here's what to do!

•  Leave a comment on the blog; say hi, leave your name and tell us if you'd like to be entered for the draw. 

If you want to leave your email address that's great, if not, we'll be announcing the winners after midday on the 1st March, UK time. So make sure to check in here and on twitter.

All entries go into a hat and TWO winners will be chosen at random.

Sorry, but this competition is open to UK entrants only.

Competition Deadline: 
Midnight 29th February 2012, UK time.



Loretta Schauer said...

Congratulations Shana! Fabulous work xx

Sue Hyams said...

Congratulations, Shana! So pleased for you. Beautiful work.

amber said...

Shana - cool pic! love your work!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

The Bookseller